Skip site navigation
Pool and spa maintenance safety tips
- Always handle the cleaning products with care
- Never mix or pour two chemicals simultaneously.
- Always store chemicals in a dry place away from water or moisture, and especially out of the reach of children.
- If an accident occurs when handling chemicals, immediately contact the Poison Control Centre at 1 800 463-5060.
- Avoid storage areas such as under the pool platform, near the pool or under the deck.
- Never pour water into chlorine. Always dilute chlorine in the water. Do not put the wet chlorine measuring cup into the chlorine container.
- Always read the instructions and recommendations on product labels and never exceed the recommended amounts.
- Always take a water sample and have it analyzed after you start up your pool or spa and prior to incorporating a maintenance product.